3-Entry Criteria/ Exam HIEM-Nepal
A. Eligibility criteria of HIEM entrance exam:
MBBS degree with one-year internship registered in Nepal Medical Council.
And one-year post internship continuous medical practice experience.
B. Eligibility criteria of applying MTI application to continue HIEM UK training (2nd year and 3rd year training):
1. Have completed at least 3 years postgraduate experience, including an internship and minimum one-year RCEM recognised Emergency Medicine training programme (HIEM training 1st year), thus completing three years of post-graduate experience.
2. If selected candidates who have completed only internship should work for one year as Medical Officer in the Emergency Department of CMC and then they can continue into the first year of HIEM Training at CMC, thus completing three years of post-graduate experience.
3. Be certified in at least one life support course - ALS (or RCEM recognised equivalence).
4. Have achieved a minimum score of 7.0 in each section (speaking, listening, reading and writing) of the academic module of the IELTS and an overall minimum score of 7.5. Test should have been taken within the last 2 years. Or
Have achieved a grade of at least 'B' in each testing area (speaking, listening, reading and writing) of the Occupational English Test (OET)-medicine version. Test should have been taken within the last 2 years.
3. End of every year of training, trainees must be successful in their Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) outcome which will be conducted by panel of Consultants from RCEM/NHS/NMC/CMC. End of Nepal first year HIEM training, trainees must be successful in their ARCP, before enter MTI UK training.
4. Letter from WAML confirming that, appropriate topic has been identified in the field of Emergency Medicine and adequate progression has been achieved in their thesis work.
5. Have an institutional sponsor specifying the post they will return to Chitwan Medical College.